Politics India
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Politics India

November, 1998

You are not connected. Please login or register

INC Rally: Spice it up, Rakesh!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1INC Rally: Spice it up, Rakesh! Empty INC Rally: Spice it up, Rakesh! Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:02 pm

Mohandas Prakharti (INC)

Mohandas Prakharti (INC)

At a public INC rally in Delhi, Mohandas Kumar Prakharti, MP for New Delhi and President of the Indian National Congress, gave a a keynote speech about the onion sales fiasco:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Good day to you all here in Delhi, my home and harbour. The so-called "People's Party" of India, the Bharatiya Janata Party, has done little for the people. They have even neglected to state to the Lok Sabha what they are doing against the rising onion prices. They are more worried about another Leader resigning than about the fact that you cannot spice up your diets with onions anymore. Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to make one thing crystal clear, and that is that the Indian National Congress would have taken ACTION, and solved the problem.

The dish we prepare to serve you is basically a plan to improve agriculture, not only onion farming but all kinds. We wish to help the poor and bring the agricultural sector to flourish once again. Its chief ingredients are subsidies to small farmers, a climate monitoring system to see when it goes wrong and climate dependent tax cuts to alleviate the situation for the farmers of India. To top it off in flavour, we have spiced it up not with onions, as they are better used given to you, but we will spice it up with commitment: if anything goes wrong with the poor farmers, we will be there.

The Bharatiya Janata Party has not even a recipe for a dish ready, let alone spicing. Bear witness as I call out to the Prime Minister, and cry out with me: "HEY, Spice it up, Rakesh!" The lack of commitment to agriculture from the Government is disgusting as so large a part of our population is farmer by profession.

Lack of commitment to the poor and hungry in general, really: over the past few months, we've seen the poisoned Mustard Oil fiasco: they failed to take action. We've seen the situation for our Kashmir citizens: they failed to take action. We've seen the onion fiasco: they failed to take action.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this Government lacks spice. Join the outcry of the people against this "People's Party" and let a real party committed to serving Indians come to power: The Indian National Congress stands for you.

India without the Congress Party is like a dish without onions, Ladies and Gentlemen. If the Government doesn't spice it up, you must do it: I ask you to support the Congress in the upcoming regional elections.

Thank you for your attention.

As the public reacts to Prakharti, the President of the INC meets with the public and talks to several of them.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum